EMRES Security & Care Solutions Ltd
In Partnership with "Potential Living" Care Provider
Epilepsy Alarms and Monitoring Products
The Companion Mini
The Companion Mini is the latest addition to our fantastic range of epilepsy monitors and alarms. The digital movement sensor is our most discrete system yet and can be applied in some of the most challenging situations when supporting tonic-clonic seizures.
Currently the smallest monitor of its kind on the market, the device sits comfortably in the palm of your hand. Designed with the highest performance sensors the Companion Mini is able to identify seizure induced movements whilst ignoring sleep activities before alerting a user to irregularities via the Alert-iT Safelink Radio System.
Designed to discreetly monitor an individuals bed-time movements, this user friendly system is simple to set up with little or no adjustment required.
Key Features of the Companion Mini:
- Long Lasting Battery – The Companion Mini is the first battery powered monitor boasting a life of at least 1 year. This means that there are no protruding wires and further increases the ease of portability.
- Discrete Size – The size of the Companion Mini is significantly smaller than any other monitor or alarm. Despite its delicate size the monitor continues to provide solid support and peace of mind for individuals. Able to fit in the palm of your hand the monitor is ideal for travelling.
- Casing – The Companion mini has been designed with a Biomaster coated plastic case which robust and tamper proof.
- Pager – The Companion Mini comes complete with a pager which lasts approximately 3 days but can still be in use when charging.
- A USB cable to link your monitor to a specialised computer programme supplied free of charge is supplied for initial programming.
- Fail safe radio with a 450 metre range
- Ultra-sensitive 1mG movement sensor
Ep-it Companion Monitor
The Companion Monitor is ideal for support of Tonic/Clonic seizures as well as situation that manifest sounds, vomiting or incontinence. It can also warn of possible danger if the user gets out of bed, or stays out too long. It is perfect for domestic or professional use.
Bed Movement detection uses a highly sensitive sensor under the mattress to analyse the frequency of movement and activate an alarm if the movement is too long and frequent.The Sound Sensor* is a special microphone to detect sharp gasps, clicks or groans. The device however is insensitive to background noise such as talking, TVs, radios or vacuums. Alternatively sound level can be used for those who make continuous noises during distress.The Enuresis Sensor* (vomit or urination) is a comfortable thin cotton sheet placed on a mattress or pillow with embedded silver wires to detect moisture from urination or vomit. The sheet does not induce sweating, like plastic, and hence reduces sores and false alarms.During Bed Vacation* the monitor can be set to give either an immediate alarm when the occupant leaves the bed, or only an alarm if the bed is vacant too long (which may indicate a collapse in the room). The normal sensor is a pressure mat on top of the mattress but a range of other techniques are available for all client and mattress types.
Ep-it Guardian Monitor
The Guardian Monitor is our most advanced epliepsy monitor and can be applied to the most demanding situations. Like the Companion it can monitor Bed Movement, Sound, Incontinence, Vomiting and Bed Vacation. In this case the movement detection has the capability of supporting those with Tonic/Clonic and Tonic only (supporting those at risk of SUDEP) seizures. It is used by many in a professional care environment, respite and educational facilities because of its highly adaptable operation. It is equally perfect for domestic use where there are complex seizure patterns.
The Bed Movement detection uses a highly sensitive sensor under the mattress is used to analyse the size & frequency of movement. An alarm is raised if the movement indicates lack of normal movement or gross seizure movements. A learning mode allows the unit to record the normal movement activity overnight to establish the safe criteria.The sound sensor is a special internal microphone to detect sharp gasps, clicks or groans.
The device however is insensitive to background noise such as talking, tv’s, radio’s or vacuums.The Enuresis Sensor* (vomit or urination) is a comfortable thin cotton sheet placed on a mattress or pillow with embedded silver wires to detect moisture from urination or vomit. The sheet does not induce sweating, like plastic, and hence reduces sores and false alarms.
The monitor will detect if the sensor wires become broken after washing.During Bed Vacation* the monitor can be set to give either an immediate alarm when the occupant leaves the bed, or only an alarm if the bed is vacant too long (which may indicate a collapse in the room). The normal sensor is a pressure mat on top of the mattress but a range of other techniques are available for all client and mattress types.
Brio - Heart Rate Monitor
- Suitable from age 2 – Adult
- Especially helpful to detect nocturnal Seizures.
- Ideal for home use
Nocturnal seizures are a major concern for parents and carers, especially for those caring for younger children. Brio is an amazing Epileptic Seizure alarm system, designed to alert you if a seizure is detected, even when there is no visible evidence a seizure is in progress. In fact, it may even be able to alert you prior to one occurring.
How Does Brio Work?
In many cases, the heart rate of someone with epilepsy can increase or even decrease just prior to a seizure occurring. The Brio system constantly monitors the user’s heart rate via a wrist worn sensor and feeds this information back to sophisticated software held on your smartphone or tablet. The Brio software allows you to set a safe “minimum and maximum” level for the users heart rate. The Epilepsy alert bracelet system then analyses this data flow and activates an alert if the heart rate activity falls outside the safe parameters, thereby alerting you to a potential seizure.
Seizure Data Stored
If the Brio system triggers an alarm, the heart rate data for the user is collected and stored. You can then export this data and easily converted into tables and graphs so that you can share the information with your consultant or healthcare professional.
The soft Epilepsy medical alert bracelet is available in two sizes and is suitable for babies as young as 5 months through to adults. The Epilepsy sensor can even be worn on the ankle so that sleep isn’t inhibited. The Brio sensor needs to be charged for use each day and works within the Bluetooth range of your smartphone or tablet (typically around 10 metres or so). You can even set up a Bluetooth speaker so you can hear the Epilepsy alert in another room.
- Designed to cater for a wide range of epilepsy seizure conditions
- Suitable for most ages, even very young children.
- Stored Epilepsy alarm data can be used to assist with future care plans.
- User friendly and discreet
- Can be used on iOS or Android smartphones and tablets.
- 10-hour battery life
- Parents who are looking for Epilepsy Alarms for children with nocturnal seizures
- Anyone who regularly has seizures at home and has a relative or carer onsite.
- Care environments with on-call staff
- People at risk of SUDEP.